The Call to Interfaith
How the interfaith movement can and is impacting our world
Interfaith is a new idea, a new path, a relatively new word. At this time in history there is a new and growing receptivity to what Interfaith is about. Respectful dialogue between religions is not a new idea, nor are religions coexisting peacefully alongside each other, although historically we as the human family have not done a good job of either. But Interfaith as a movement beyond dialogue, beyond coexistence, as a spiritual path, as an ongoing vital community, as a direction of positive and peaceful change for individuals and religious groups, is what is new, and what can give Interfaith a new and expanded meaning.
Beyond the word, Interfaith is a spreading movement today that I believe can be profoundly important in the course of our human journey on this earth.
* Interfaith is about creating a common ground that brings people of all faiths as well as those who are spiritual and even non believers, together.
*Interfaith respects all saints and sages and is inclusive of all paths that lead to truth.
* Interfaith provides an opportunity for people who are disengaged or disenfranchised from their own faith of origin, or of no particular faith, to gather in a community of spiritual acceptance and inclusion.
* Interfaith allows people to choose their own sense of spirituality without conforming to the demands of traditional religious protocol.
* Interfaith allows people within their own religion to continue to deepen their faith as well as to be open and accepting of other religious perspectives and demands of traditional religious protocol.
* Interfaith allows people within their own religion to continue to deepen their faith as well as to be open and accepting of other religious perspectives and practices.
* Interfaith can provide a template for bridging differences in other circles beyond religion
Within this template is the understanding that all people of all persuasions and cultures including those who consider themselves agnostic, atheist or anti-religion, are welcome in our common spirit of one human family living on this planet. Inter means across boundaries, like an interstate highway connecting between states. Faith is what you believe in. Even if you don’t have a belief, then you still have a belief in your non-belief. Interfaith brings a broad, inclusive world view at a time when our embattled separateness has brought much strife and suffering on our planet.
You can purchase The Call to Interfaith via paypal below: